Updating viewPlease wait...
We analyze the use of this website without Identifiability of your person. If you do not want a usage analysis, please move the slider to the left.
Thank you for your interest in our Online Shop. The protection of your privacy is very important to us. The information below will explain in detail how your specific data is handled.
(1) Below we inform you about the collection of your personal data when using our website www.wesco.de. Personal data are all data which refer to you personally and by which you may be identified, e.g. name, address, email address, user behaviour etc.
(2) The data controller within the meaning of Article 4(7) of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is M. Westermann & Co. GmbH, Bahnhofstr. 205, D-59759 Arnsberg. Please refer to the imprint of our website for further information.
Our data protection officer Guido Asshoff can be contacted using the email address [Datenschutz@wesco.de] and the details specified in the imprint of this website.
(3) When you contact us by email or through a contact form, the data provided by you (your email address, possibly your name and your telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data thus obtained once their storage is no longer necessary or, if there is a legal requirement of keeping and storing the data, we will restrict their processing.
(4) Where we opt to use selected service providers for certain functionalities of our offering or intend to use your data for advertising purposes, we inform you below in detail of the relevant procedures. In this context, we also specify the defined criteria for the storage period.
(1) You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
(2) In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of your personal data by us. The competent supervisory authority in our case is
Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen
(North Rhine-Westphalia Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information)
(3) If we process personal data as described above to protect our legitimate interests that are overriding in the process of balancing of interests, you may object to such data processing with future effect. If your data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you may exercise this right at any time as described above. If your data are processed for other purposes, you have the right to object only on grounds relating to your particular situation. Once you have exercised your right to object, we will no longer process your personal data for such purposes unless we can demonstrate that compelling legitimate reasons exist for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or if processing serves for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. This does not apply to the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes. In that case we will no longer process your personal data for such purposes.
(1) If you use our website merely for purposes of information, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we will only collect the personal data transmitted by your browser to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data which we require for technical purposes, i.e. to display our website to you and to ensure the stability and security of the website (legal basis is Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR):
(2) This site uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and for the protection of the transmission of confidential content, such as purchase orders or inquiries which you send to us as the site operator. You can recognise an encrypted connection in the address line of your browser when it changes from “http://” to “https://” and the lock icon is displayed in the address bar of your browser. If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
(3) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are text files that are stored on the hard drive assigned to the browser you are using through which the entity which sets the cookie (in this case, us) receives certain information. Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offering more user-friendly in general and more effective, e.g. by recognising you when you next visit the website or by accelerating the build-up of the website or downloading.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and operation of which are explained below:
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. They also include session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser setting according to your wishes, for instance you can decline the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Please be aware that in that case you may not be able to use all features of this site.
e) Cookies which are necessary for electronic communication or to provide certain functions you wish to use (e.g. the shopping cart) are stored on the basis of Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR since we have a legitimate interest in storing cookies to ensure the technical operation of the website. This includes simpler communication, execution of the website free of technical errors and enhanced provision of our services. Insofar as we or our service providers store cookies for any other purposes, such as analysing your use of our website, that usage is described separately for that processing.
(1) Our website is hosted externally. The hosting service provider used by us is meant to provide us with the following services: Infrastructure and platform services, compute capacity, storage space and database services, security services, and technical maintenance and service for the purpose of operating this online offering.
(2) Our hosting provider, the company Hetzner GmbH, processes all data collected in the course of the use of this website or captured from the relevant forms used by the online shop as described below. Our provider is located within a country of the European Union or the European Economic Area. The hosting is based on our legitimate interest to provide our online offering in a user-friendly, efficient and secure manner in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR read in conjunction with Article 28 of the GDPR.
(1) We collect your personal data if you voluntarily transmit your data to us in the course placing a purchase order, when contacting us (e.g. using our contact form or by e-mail) or when opening a customer account. Mandatory fields are marked as such since in such case we absolutely need the relevant data to perform the contract or to process your contact request or open your customer account and you would otherwise not be able to complete your purchase order or send the contact request. The type of data collected is specified in the relevant input form.
(2) We use the data disclosed to us to perform the contract and process your inquiries. Upon full completion of the contract or deletion of your customer account, any further processing of your data will be restricted.
Upon expiry of any retention periods that may exist under tax laws or commercial laws etc., we delete your data unless you have expressly agreed to further use of your data or we are entitled to use your data beyond the scope of the original purpose. Deletion of your customer account is possible at any time and can be prompted either by a message sent to the contact details given below or via a function in your customer account provided for that purpose.
Insofar as necessary for the operation of our web shop we disclose your data to the contractor appointed to operate the web shop and processing your purchase order. Such contractors more specifically include the company Hatraco GmbH, Peutestrasse 22a, D-20539 Hamburg; this company operates the online shop in our name and on our behalf, processing your purchase orders, payments, queries, complaints via e-mail and/or by telephone and also accepting and handling returns on our behalf. By virtue of a data processing contract made between ourselves and Hatraco GmbH, the latter is bound to observe our data protection standards.
For performance of the contract made with you, we disclose your data to the enterprise appointed with delivery of the goods in fulfilment of our duties under such contract. Depending on the payment service provider selected during the ordering procedure, for processing of payments we disclose the payment data collected for this purpose to the bank appointed to collect the payment and, if necessary, to our selected payment service provider. In some cases, the selected payment service providers my collect such data themselves if you have created an account with those providers. In that case, during the ordering procedure you have to register with the relevant payment service provider using your access data. For the purposes thereof the privacy statement of the relevant payment service provider applies.
Disclosure of data to mail-order service providers
If you have given us your consent in the course of placing your purchase order, we will disclose your e-mail address and telephone number to the selected mail-order service provider so that the provider can contact you before delivery in order to advise you of the impending delivery or discuss the delivery date with you. You may revoke your consent at any time by sending a message to the contact details given below or directly to the mail-order service provider using the contact address given below. After your revocation, we delete the relevant data unless you have expressly agreed to further use of your data or we reserve the right to use your data beyond the scope of the original purpose insofar as this is legally permitted and we inform you accordingly in this statement.
DHL Paket GmbH
(1) Giving your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter which regularly informs you about our company and our offering. We also reserve the right, to the extent legally permitted, to inform existing customers of similar products and services. The product categories and services promoted are specified in the declaration of informed consent and/or are identical with the general goods and services offering of our company.
(2) To subscribe to our newsletter, please use the registration form on our website.
(3) The only mandatory field for receiving the newsletter is your e-mail address. After your confirmation we will store your e-mail address so that we can send you our newsletter. In accordance with Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR your consent forms the legal basis for the forwarding of our newsletter.
(4) You can at any time revoke your consent to the forwarding of our newsletter and unsubscribe from the newsletter. To revoke your consent, you can click on the link provided in every single newsletter e-mail, send an e-mail to email@example.com or send a message to the contact detailed in the imprint of our website.
(5) This website uses CleverReach to forward newsletters. The supplier is CleverReach GmbH & Co. KG, Mühlenstr. 43, 26180 Rastede. CleverReach is a service that can be used to organise and analyse the distribution of newsletters. The data you provide (e.g. your email address) to subscribe to our newsletter will be stored on CleverReach servers in Germany and/or Ireland.
Our newsletters forwarded by using CleverReach allow us to analyse the behaviour of the recipients of the newsletters. Among other things, we can analyse how many recipients have opened the message containing the newsletter and how often various links contained therein have been clicked. With the help of so-called conversion tracking, we can also analyse whether a predefined action (e.g. the purchase of a product on our website) has taken place after clicking on the link in the newsletter. We analyse these data on the basis of Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR (legitimate interest) in order to adjust our newsletter offering to your needs (especially content) and to optimise our marketing.
For further information on data analysis by means of CleverReach-empowered newsletters please visit: https://www.cleverreach.com/de/funktionen/reporting-und-tracking/
Data processing in connection with the forwarding of the newsletter is based on your consent (Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR). You can revoke your consent at any time by unsubscribing from the newsletter. Your revocation does not affect the legality of any data processing carried out prior to the revocation.
If you do not wish analysis by CleverReach, you need to unsubscribe from the newsletter. For this purpose, we provide a corresponding link in every newsletter forwarded. Otherwise, please notify us by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will store the data you have submitted to us in order to receive our newsletter until you unsubscribe from the newsletter; after that, the data will be deleted both from our own servers as well as the servers of CleverReach. Data stored by us for any other purpose (e.g. e-mail addresses for the member area) are not affected by this.
For further details please refer to the privacy policies of CleverReach at:
We have entered into a contract for data processing with CleverReach and in using their services have fully complied with the requirements of German data protection authorities.
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos in our online offers, which are stored on http://YouTube.com and which can be directly playable from our website. [The videos are all integrated in the “extended data protection mode”, i.e. no data about you as user is transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only if you play the videos, the data listed in paragraph 2 are transmitted. We have no control of such data transmission.]
(2) Through the visit of the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the respective page of our website. In addition, the data specified in section 3 of this Privacy Statement is transmitted. This is regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account through which you have been logged in or there is no user account. If you are logged in at Google, your data is allocated directly to your account. If you do not wish allocation with your YouTube profile, you need to log out of YouTube before activating the button. YouTube saves your data as your user profile and uses the data for purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation (even for not logged-in users) in particular serves to provide demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of that social network of your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of such user profiles; you need to contact YouTube to exercise that right. Processing is based on a legitimate interest in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR; such legitimate interest consists in displaying additional content about our company to you and to make our website more informative for you.
(3) Please refer to the privacy statement of YouTube for further information on the purpose and scope of collection and processing of data by YouTube. There, you can also find further information on your rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
If you select the purchase on invoice option provided by the PayPal service PayPal Plus, you are asked during the ordering process to consent to the data required for processing of the payment and for an identity check and credit assessment to be transmitted to PayPal. If you give your consent, such data is transmitted to PayPal. Carrying out an identity check and credit assessment of its own, PayPal or PayPal’s partner company transmits data to business information services from which it receives information, including creditworthiness information, resulting from a mathematical-statistical procedure which also uses address data.
For further details on this and the business information services used please refer to PayPal’s data privacy information. PayPal uses the information obtained on the statistical likelihood of a payment default to make a balanced decision with a view to establishing, executing or terminating the contractual relationship. You have the right to revoke your consent given to PayPal at any time. However, PayPal may be entitled to continue processing, using, and transferring your personal data to the extent necessary for processing the payment as agreed or to the extent required by the law or by order of a court or a government authority. Processing of your data by PayPal is beyond our control. Transmission of data is based on the consent given to PayPal in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR.
The Trusted Shops Trust Badge is included on this website in order to display our Trusted Shops quality seal and our customer reviews as well as to offer Trusted Shops products to buyers after a purchase order.
This serves to protect our overriding legitimate interests in optimising the marketing activities of our offering. The Trustbadge and the services it advertises are an offer of Trusted Shops GmbH, Subbelrather Str. 15C, 50823 Köln.
When you access the Trustbadge, the web server automatically stores a so-called server log file containing, among other things, your IP address, the date and time of the access, the amount of data transmitted and the accessing provider (access data) and documents the request. These access data are not evaluated and are automatically overwritten within seven days of the end of your visit to the site.
Other personal data are transferred to Trusted Shops only if, at the end of an ordering procedure, you have consented to using Trusted Shops products or have previously registered for such use. In this case the contractual agreement made between you and Trusted Shops applies.
Subject to your express consent given to us during or after your purchase order, we will transmit your e-mail address to Trusted Shops GmbH, Subbelrather Str. 15c, 50823 Köln (www.trustedshops.de) to allow them to send you a review reminder by e-mail.
You may revoke your consent at any time by sending a message to the contact details given below or directly to Trusted Shops.
This website uses Website Google Analytics, a web analytics service operated by Google LLC (www.google.de), for purposes of website analysis. This serves to protect our overriding legitimate interests in an enhanced and demand-oriented presentation of our offering. Google Analytics uses methods that allow the analysis of your use of the website, e.g. by installing cookies. The information automatically collected about your use of this website will as a rule be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. By activating IP anonymisation on this website, the IP address is truncated before transmission within the Member States of the European Union or in other member states to Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only under exceptional circumstances, the complete IP address is transmitted to a server of Google in the USA and truncated there. The anonymised IP address transmitted by your browser in connection with Google Analytics is never associated with other data held by Google.
Google LLC has its head office in the USA and is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield. An up to date certificate can be viewed here. Based on this agreement between the USA and the European Commission, the latter has identified an adequate data protection level for enterprises certified under the Privacy Shield.
You can prevent the data generated by the cookie based on your usage of this website (including your IP address) being sent to and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link:http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
As an alternative to the browser plugin you can click on this link to stop future data collection via Google Analytics on this website. When doing so, an opt-out cookie is created on your device. If you delete your cookies, you will need to click on that link again.
Google AdWords Remarketing
We use Google Adwords to promote this website in the Google search results and on the websites of third parties. For that purpose, a so-called Remarketing Cookie by Google is created when you visit our website; using a pseudonymised CookieID and based on the websites visited by you, this cookie allows us to display highly relevant advertising. This serves to protect our overriding legitimate interests in an optimal marketing of our products and services through our website.
Any additional data processing takes place only if you have allowed Google to link your Google web and app browser history with our Google account and information from your Google account is used for personalisation of advertisements displayed to you on the web. In such a case, if you are logged in with Google while visiting our website, Google will use your data together with Google Analytics data in order to create and define target group lists for cross-device remarketing. Google will for this purpose temporarily link your Google personal data with Google Analytics data in order to create target groups.
Google AdWords Remarketing is an offering provided by Google LLC (www.google.de). Google LLC has its head office in the USA and is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield. An up to date certificate can be viewed here. Based on this agreement between the USA and the European Commission, the latter has identified an adequate data protection level for enterprises certified under the Privacy Shield.
You can disable the remarketing cookie by clicking on this link. In addition, you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance for information on the creation of cookies and in order to change cookie settings.
Information on the Firstlead GmbH / ADCELL partner programme
This website uses ADCELL-branded tracking cookies of Firstlead GmbH (www.adcell.de). A cookie is created as soon as the visitor clicks on an advertisement with the partner link. Firstlead GmbH / ADCELL create cookies in order to understand the origin of purchase orders. In addition, Firstlead GmbH / ADCELL use so-called tracking pixels. Using tracking pixels allows the website to evaluate information such as the number of visitors to the pages. The information generated by cookies and tracking pixels about the use of this website (including the IP address) and delivery of advertising formats will be transmitted to and stored on a server of Firstlead GmbH / ADCELL. Among other things, Firstlead GmbH / ADCELL can determine that the partner link on this website has been clicked. Firstlead GmbH / ADCELL may disclose this (anonymised) information to contract partners under certain circumstances; however, data such as the IP address are not associated with other data stored.
Alternatively, you can disable the creation of cookies by third-party providers by visiting the disabling site of the Network Advertising Initiative.
Having completed a purchase order in the Wesco online shop, you can choose a voucher from the Sovendus GmbH network which you can redeem in any other of the participating shops. For this purpose, a banner is displayed after completion of the purchase. If you actively click on the button “Redeem voucher” in this banner, your personal data (honorific, first and last name, e-mail address) are temporarily stored in a cookie for the time being and sent to the request form on the Sovendus GmbH website that follows the click for pre-filling. Only when you have confirmed your voucher request and actively confirm your data on the Sovendus GmbH website, your above-mentioned personal data will be transmitted to Sovendus GmbH for purposes of forwarding the voucher. For information on the processing and use of your data by Sovendus GmbH please refer to the provider’s data protection information at: https://www.sovendus.de/de/datenschutz/